Tuesday, October 30, 2012

my dream


My Secret  dream
I felt funny. So funny, telling you about my life, my feeling, and my secrets. I do not know how to welcome you into my heart and soul. You see, nobody ever asked me what I though or how I felt about life’s challenges. Or maybe, they never really cared about what I thought.
My journey to Bacolod City began many years ago in Manila, Philippines. Where I was born and grew to a young lady full of energy and life. My parents called me Virgie because there was something regal about the sound. They had high hopes of my marrying a local boy from a good, wealthy family. You know the kind slick, black hair; long side burns, driving a sports car. The kind who brings you a flowers on every date.
To get even, or because I was in romantic haze. I met and married a U.S. marine from Sacramento Ca, who was stationed at our local embassy, where I also worked.
Marriage, a home in America, and two beautiful children occupied seven years of my life. Where did my life go? It went somewhere. But there is no lost and found department for a life lost in many years.
My marriage was bad. It was so bad that I cried every night for all those years. I would tell myself, you are in strange country maybe the customs are different. The children n

No comments:

Post a Comment